Saturday, November 12, 2011

That's What Love Is... A Classy Post

My room is currently a mess. It is so fucking messy it's disgusting. I wake up and have a little vom because of how messy it is. I don't clean it up.

The other night I gave my friend a lift home on the condition she stay friends with me despite the state of my car, which is similar to that of my bedroom. She responded with her belief that we were in a contract of unconditional love. This contract was apparently signed (metaphorically of course as neither of us were in a position to hold a pen, much less use one) during an incident in which one of us was found sleeping fully clothed in a bathtub and the other convinced them their parents would not be sad should they die. Foundations stronger than the liquid of Jupiter*.

As comforting as it was to know that we will forever be bound in the ties of friendship there is something to be said for conditional love. Conditional love tells me I am awesome, except for when it isn't given in which case unconditional love is better. Mum says she loves me unconditionally... Except for when I rap. I hardly think telling her to "Drop it like the NASDAQ" constitutes her revoking her love, or unconditional love can have exceptions, but she still buys me presents on occasion so who am I to question?

I guess next time I want someone to love me forever I'll just get drunk in a bathtub.

*Very strong. Look it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment